raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Monday, January 28, 2013

thankful day twenty three

Today's blessing:
Going out to eat and not feeling guilty, because you had money in the budget for it!

Establishing a budget was one of the best things I have ever done for my stress level. Don't get me wrong, I still stress about money. Quite frequently, in fact, but that's just what happens when you don't have any. But at least we know we don't have any!

I am a huge advocate of the envelope system. I didn't fully appreciate it until one day when, all of a sudden and out of nowhere, our car insurance was due. I had JUST paid it six months ago, and it had the nerve to be due again? But wait...I had, sitting in my desk drawer, an envelope containing cash in the exact amount required! That's right, several hundred dollars was due and I was ready! What a great feeling, because I certainly didn't have that kind of money in my bank account! I would have had to put it on a credit card or switch to monthly billing with it's seemingly minute $2 or $5 monthly sevice fee...I'll keep my extra $24-$60 a year, thank you very much!

I could go on for awhile, but I won't. However, if anyone is interested in learning how our little family of three can not only make it on almost no money, but can also chip away at their massive amount of debt, you are welcome to take me out to coffee and I'll share my secrets. Or have me over for coffee. Or come over here for coffee. Or tea. Or cookies.

Or, I suppose you could just check out this website for an overview, but then there's no coffee involved, and you don't get to enjoy my company. And what's the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment