raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Saturday, January 26, 2013

thankful day twenty one

Today's blessing:
An adventurous baby.

We live in a basement apartment that we rent from my in-laws, who live above us. What a blessing that the baby gets to spend so much time with them. I wish it could be more even, but that's not an option right now. So I'm just going to be extremely grateful for what I have. There's a little area of the basement that's shared laundry space, which is separated by a door, and the rest is our place. So I was switching a load of laundry from the washer to the dryer this evening, and I left the door open. Because why not? Who comes crawling around the corner? Why, my baby, of course! How cute, right? That she wants to come visit her mama? She tried to help me vacuum earlier today, so I suppose laundry wasn't that much of a stretch!

But then she kept going. And going. And before we knew it...
Seriously?!

That's right, my not even one year old child climbed an entire flight of stairs. She's a pretty remarkable little person, and she's raising a mommy who is constantly in awe of her abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment