raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Sunday, January 20, 2013

thankful day fifteen

Today's blessing:
Sewing skills.

I'm not going to lie, I've made some pretty awesome projects in my day. Of course, when I was growing up, I enjoyed making myself fun shorts, capri pants, and cute shirts. Then I got to high school and moved up to homecoming and prom dresses. Then I got into quilting (which is a very expensive but rewarding habit!) and other great stuff. More recent credits include a couple pairs of footie pajamas (with butt flaps, of course!) and a pretty awesome Elton John costume. My current projects are much less fun, but exponentially more practical: most notably, an alb (the long robe worn by priests and pastors). Those suckers are expensive to buy, so if this one turns out, I would be more than willing to offer my skills to help out other new clergy. (I'm not trying to turn this into a commercial, but seriously? Those things can cost over $400! That's ridiculous! Not a great way to be good stewards of our resources...)

I hope that someday my girl and I can sew fun projects together!

No comments:

Post a Comment