raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

to the rescue

Today's blessing:
Being needed.

Sometimes we just need our mommies and daddies.

When I was young I used to have bad dreams. Mostly about fires that couldn't be put out with water and giant vacuums that pinned me in the corner of my bedroom and tried to suck me up. Pretty terrifying to a four year old. There were many nights I would take up residence on the floor next to my mom and dad's bed. Sure, this put me closer to the vacuum, but I was with Mommy and Daddy. What could happen to me in their presence?

Tonight was one of those nights P needed her mommy and daddy. Yes, we're tired. Yes, she was up for two hours in the middle of the night last night. Yes, we had long days of work and semester-end projects. No, neither one of us has slept through the night since she was born nearly 15 months ago. (Maybe daddy has once or twice, but not much more than that!) No, neither one of us minded one bit staying up for an extra hour and a half passing our not-so-little toddler baby (I can't do it yet!) back and forth to assure her that we were both still there and safe.

Sometimes you need to sacrifice just a little more sleep to cuddle your little one. Then blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment