raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Sunday, May 19, 2013

a thank you post

Today's blessing:
Generosity

Today was the last Sunday my family and I spent at one of our church homes. For the past two years, we have been so blessed to be a part of Living Waters. The community has opened their arms and their hearts and allowed us to experiment, learn, and grow.

They've endured our crying child and botched choir solos. They've assured me (over and over) that P is always welcome in the service or the choir practice no matter how much noise she makes and that, no, they don't mind taking her off my hands for a few minutes so I can use the bathroom/get a drink/grab my folder/sit and breathe.

They've given me confidence. They've helped me believe that I will be able to handle being a pastor's wife. They've enthusiastically sampled all of my new dessert recipes. They've given my husband every opportunity to grow - from high school youth group to confirmation to adult ed to leading worship. They've watched our baby grow and assured us every week that she is, indeed, one of the cutest kids on the planet. (Really, what parent does't love to hear that?) They've watched us grow as a family and embraced us every step of the way. What a blessing. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.


We'll definitely be back to visit!

And, really, you should come visit us, too. It's not that far, and we have lots of space. Please come visit! Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment