raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Friday, July 5, 2013

fmf: beautiful

Here are the rules:
1. Write for five minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back to Lisa Jo Baker's blog with the rest of the Five Minute Friday-ers.
2. Comment on the person who linked up before you.

Please join us!

Today's prompt: Beautiful

GO

Life is beautiful. My baby girl is beautiful. I know I'm a little biased, but if she keeps getting beautiful at the rate she is, we could have some trouble on our hands when the boys start coming around. My husband jokes  threatens that he's going to take up archery, so he can answer the door with a quiver full of arrows and a bow when she's a teenager. The bow wielding pastor? Sounds intimidating to me!

Other than the physical beauty with which I am surrounded (and there is a lot of it...people, animals, nature), I am also in awe of the beauty in the rhythm of life. Maybe I'm luckier than most, but things seem to work out. Every time I stress about the budget not matching up or the house being too messy with guests coming in just a few hours, something happens. It all works out. Husband and I made it though the first two years of our marriage with our budget never balancing, yet somehow the money got us through the month. I have learned to appreciate telling people, "Don't mind the mess; we live here."

STOP

Hmm. I was really excited to see the prompt, but I'm not entirely happy with what came out. Perhaps someday I'll play with it a little bit more.

Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

  1. It's okay...most of the time I want to rewrite mine when I'm finished too. ;) But I loved your post and I think your little girl is beautiful too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved it. Don't worry about what comes out, it is usually what is in our hearts and the entire purpose is to not make it perfect, but to just let it flow. that is what makes Fridays so much fun!

    ReplyDelete