raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Friday, July 19, 2013

fmf: belong

Here are the rules:
1. Write for five minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back to Lisa Jo Baker's blog with the rest of the Five Minute Friday-ers.
2. Comment on the person who linked up before you.

Please join us!

Today's prompt: Belong

GO

So I work in a drop off child care center. One of our go-to toys when we have a kid come in who is upset is one of those pop up farm things. You know, you push the button or twist the knob and an animal pops up. It's great, because it makes noise, the animals are cute, and you can distract the children by making dorky animal noises with it.

We have two of these toys. One is a farm theme with a cow, chicken, horse, and sheep. Great. The other has a lion, a giraffe, and monkey, and elephant, and a panda. Yes, I did say panda. I've been working here for almost a year and a half, and I still can't figure out what the panda is doing there. It really doesn't belong. And pandas don't really make any noise, so it doesn't help me out in that respect either!

I'm stuck. I realize this is an unconventional direction to head with this word, but it was honestly the first thing that came to mind. It has bothered me for the 16 months that I have worked there. After my sad post last night, I guess a little bit of humor and random thought is just fine! (Update: Paige practically leapt out of my arms this morning at day care. She does have some great friends there, and the puppy on Steve's shirt probably didn't hurt matters. Then she blew me a kiss from the window and I melted.)

This also hasn't taken quite five minutes, but I'm not going to be a perfectionist, so that's that!


Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. Random is great! I love your post. And I totally don't know what noise a panda would make, either, so I agree that the toy is weird in that way. Funny.

    Maybe you could coin some phrase based on that toy, to describe a situation that was awkward. "That's so pop-up panda," or something?

    heehee

    Visiting from FMF,

    Blessings!
    Selena
    p.s. LOVE your family picture! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea!
    You have a beautiful family :)
    I'm visiting from FMF too and I also loved your post!
    It reminded me of a YouTube video of a baby panda sneezing and startling its mama. Adorable!

    Have a blessed day :)

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete