raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Friday, March 23, 2012

the worst question

Today's blessing:
That sore feeling you get after working out for the first time in a long time. In my case, running for the first time since my fourth month!

My baby girl is six weeks old, and I can hardly believe how fast it has gone. There are some things about motherhood that have taken awhile to get used to. I'm still not great at giving P a bath, and it's a challenge sometimes to get that tiny onesie over the head of a squirmer. I'm still figuring out what kind of clothing I prefer for her, too. For example, I can't figure out why any articles of baby clothing would ever be made without footies. The socks are so cute, but really, they don't stay on. Also, I thought at the beginning that we would only use onesies with long sleeves and the little mitten-y things that fold right over the hands. I think we used them twice. However, there is one thing I decided right at the beginning that I did not like, and it hasn't waivered.

"Is she a good baby?"

What does this mean? She has a full head of beautiful dark hair and gorgeous blue eyes. Does that make her good? She has ten fingers and ten toes. If she didn't, would she be a bad baby? Has she figured out how to smile and mommy and daddy? She has, and I think this is good! Does she cry sometimes for no apparent reason for what seems like hours on end but is actually probably only 45 minutes? Of course. Does that make her bad? I don't think so. Difficult maybe, at times, but still good and perfect and beautiful.

Is she generally healthy and happy? Yes, which is, to me, the epitome of good for my baby. So if you ask me if P is a good baby, that's what I'm going to assume you mean. Yes, she is good. And she is raising a mommy who is much more aware of her words.

1 comment:

  1. for them its the question that pertuds my mind most when being a role model there are no bad kids just bad examples they choose to model them selves after i love how you say she is raising you kids have a way of showing us what we need to be doing if they ask you if shes a good baby say what does a bad baby look like?? ive never seen one they are a perfect reflection of you and your mate in the most pure and smiple form there soul is blemish free like before you hit puberty and get achny on your face for the first time just rambling thought id put my 2 cents im sure she will do a good job raising her newborn parents have fun

    Joe Mogren

    ReplyDelete