raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

i'm hooked

Today's blessing:
Elton John lullabies

I'm definitely liking this blogging thing. I've kept a journal pretty regularly since I read Absolutely Normal Chaos when I was in middle school, so I guess this is the 21st century equivalent. Except this is a little more public.

So my husband and his sister are probably the biggest Elton John fans anyone will ever meet. No joke. They're a lot ridiculous. The first music played to our daughter when she was in my stomach was Elton John. The first time Nate and I felt her kick was after he played "Honky Cat" for her. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when the collection of Elton John hits in lullaby form showed up in a gift for P from her auntie. Here's the surprising thing: they work! We broke out the cd yesterday morning, and it put P to sleep right away. We had it on repeat last night, and it was one of the best nights of sleep I've gotten since about my fifth month of pregnancy. Now, it may have just been a fluke, but I'm going to go with that it really works. Hopefully tonight will be another good one to confirm that.

No comments:

Post a Comment