raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Monday, March 12, 2012

my nocturnal daughter

Today's blessing:
Cream cheese wontons

I know I'm supposed to sleep when baby sleeps, and I'm guessing that's especially relevant at 3:00 in the morning. However, today I am resisting. P slept all day, so Husband and I have been anticipating a long night. He took the "bedtime"-2:00 shift, and now I'm up and armed with my water bottle, some energizing snacks, "What to Expect the First Year", and a blanket and pillow, all within arm's reach. I'm actually pretty awake right now, so it doesn't make sense to me to go to sleep when I know I'll have to wake up, probably within 30 minutes, and I'll be all groggy and out of it. Right?

P is a walker. The most effective way to soothe her is by pacing the floor. She's also a fairly fussy baby, thus requiring a lot of soothing. I credit the fact that I was back in pre-pregnancy jeans two weeks after delivery to this. Blessing in disguise? That's how I'm choosing to look at it!

I think I jinxed myself. My baby has now been asleep for a solid hour. One way or another, P is doing her best to raise one tough mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment