raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Saturday, March 10, 2012

getting started

This is going to be another one of those "new mom" blogs. I'm not sure yet what's going to set me apart from all the others; I guess we'll just have to wait and see. However, I do know a few things about my undefined blog. It will not be my opportunity to complain about everything in life that is bugging me. I may share some of my struggles, but for the most part, I'll try to keep things uplifting. There's enough bad news out there; I certainly don't want to contribute to it! Also, I want to start every entry with something positive - a blessing in my life or just something small that makes me smile. Today's blessing:
That M&M commercial where the guys at the party think the brown M&M is naked, then the red M&M comes in and strips and starts dancing. There's something about seeing an M&M dance like that...it makes me chuckle.

Maybe I should start out with a little bit about me? Like I said, I really don't know what I'm doing with this blog, but this seems like the natural place to start. Like all other women, I have many titles: daughter, sister, wife, friend, blah blah blah. The newest and most exciting addition to my list of titles is definitely mother (hopefully "mommy" eventually, but that's a title that has to be earned). Being a mom is pretty much the coolest thing ever. My baby girl, P, just turned one month old, and in my completely unbiased opinion, she's just about the cutest thing to ever grace a crib. I'm also a singer, runner, Christian, quilter, and many other things.

Okay...I think that's probably good for one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment