raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Thursday, January 23, 2014

fmf: visit

Here are the rules:
1. Write for five minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back to Lisa Jo Baker's blog with the rest of the Five Minute Friday-ers.
3. Comment on the person who linked up before you.

Please join us!

Today's prompt: Visit

GO

I love our current (though temporary) home in the middle of nowhere on the prairie. It's peaceful, quiet, and perfect for an introvert like me. We have been so blessed to have such amazing people around us, too. From the pastors on my husband's team, to parishioners who stop by to drop off extra squash from their gardens that they don't need, to friends and family from back home, we have had a fairly constant stream of visitors. It's been a nice balance of "old" and "new" and it has helped to make the transition so smooth.

This week, I've had the opportunity to "visit." The kiddo and I have spent the week with my parents, and boy oh boy, has it been great. I have done absolutely nothing. You know those types of days? The kind that, if I were at home, I would have expected myself to sweep and vacuum and dust and do laundry and crochet and cook and meal plan and shop and collapse into bed exhausted at night, but since I'm not at home I have the opportunity to relax and watch TV while the kiddo naps (or nap while the kiddo naps!).

It's refreshing, and it's necessary, mamas. Find a way, even for a few hours, to make nothing happen, and feel great about it!

STOP

I actually did this one in five minutes! It didn't go where my head thought it would, but that's okay!

Five Minute Friday

6 comments:

  1. How nice that you could just visit with your parents - no pressures. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those times! We get some of those at my in-laws, and it's like heaven there for my kids :) And it's nice to meet you, visiting from Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my FMF neighbor and friend! Absolutely necessary...it's so important to squeeze that time in, somehow. So glad you could have that visit and that down time! :) Happy Friday to you...hope it's wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! We forget to schedule this for ourselves - but it really is oh so necessary! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What precious times - and now I so enjoy when my kids come home for a visit! :) AND, I have enjoyed my visit on your blog! Come to mine for a visit too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting to visit grandparents is a great way to get a break! I love those times when you walk in the door to grandma's and you go collapse on the couch with a glass of tea…everything is new and you are off the hook for an hour :)

    ReplyDelete