raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Friday, October 18, 2013

fmf: laundry

Here are the rules:
1. Write for five minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back to Lisa Jo Baker's blog with the rest of the Five Minute Friday-ers.
2. Comment on the person who linked up before you.

Please join us!

Today's prompt: Laundry

GO

I'll be honest, I love doing laundry. I always have. Does that make me crazy? Probably a little bit. But at least hear me out!

Laundry has to get done. It has to be washed and it has to be folded an put away. (Well, I guess you could skip the folding part, but then you have to iron. And ironing is awful. I hate ironing with a burning passion. I intentionally buy clothes that do not have to be ironed. But I digress...)

Life is crazy busy, right? How much time do you have in a day to just sit an relax with your favorite music or TV show on? Might I suggest laundry time? Before I started neglecting my housework to crochet, folding laundry was the only time I had to sit and relax. I would pop in a DVD, sit down in the middle of the bed, and fold. Sometimes I intentionally leave our laundry for a couple days so I have more to fold. Once the little one goes down for a nap, it's mommy's movie time.

Does this make me crazy? Maybe. But moms have to take advantage of any time they can to sit and "relax!"

STOP

Besides, this is what happens when she tries to help!
Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! I don't "hate" doing laundry, either. And I'll keep in mind when I have kids down the road that laundry is one of those handy mom time-out chores. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from FMF and yes, I think you're crazy? ;) Not really, I enjoy doing the dishes, so I guess it's just one of those things. I'm with you, I fold clothes while I watch a show after the kids go to bed, but the putting away....ohhhhh, the putting away. Ugh.

    Anyway, lovely post, thanks for sharing!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ironing is the WORST! ;) The rest of it is alright, I agree. Sometimes even peaceful!

    ReplyDelete