raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Thursday, June 16, 2016

grandpa

Today's blessing:
Time

My Grandpa passed away this morning. It sucks. Obviously. But it's okay, and here's why.

This man lived for 84 years. He was one of the hardest workers I've ever met - I guess that's what happens when you're a North Dakota farmer. I can list off all the cliches:
Stong
Patient
Loving
Devoted
Generous
Determined
And so many more.

Here's the thing about my Grandpa. He lived for 84 years. Not just "he was alive for 84 years" but he lived it all. Until Tuesday morning when he had the stroke, he lived. None of this "80 years of quality living followed by 4 years of decline" for this man. He lived.

He was one of the good ones.

He is leaving the world a better place than he found it, and isn't that really all a person can ask for?

I love you Grandpa, and I'm going to miss you. But we'll be okay.

Precious snuggle time with his oldest great-grandchild.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Andrea your grandpa would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you sweet friend. Thinking of you and your family ❤️

    ReplyDelete