raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

#fmfpartysnailmail

Today's blessing:
Snail mail.

I'll be honest, I've been missing the real mail since this last round of #fmfpartysnailmail ended. Since what, you ask?

You see, there's this lovely group of writers who gather every Thursday evening or Friday to share what's on their hearts: five minutes on one word, no editing. Read all about it. It's a different group every week, and there's no shame if you miss a week. Or three. Only joy when you return. How often do you get the chance for that kind of community?

Then there's this lovely young lady named Kaitlyn who decided that she wanted to move that fellowship into the real world. All you have to do is sign up, and she'll put you on a list with several other lovely ladies. Spend five minutes writing a note of encouragement to one of them each week, and they'll do the same for you! That's right - real, handwritten cards in your mailbox, each week, just for you.

Now, I'll be realistic. Some weeks, even five minutes is hard to come by. And you know what? That's okay. Among this lovely community, there is always grace. The first round, I sent out maybe 25% of my cards "on time." But they all got mailed eventually. And I received maybe 50% of my cards "on time." But I received them all eventually. (At least, I think I did. I didn't really keep track. If something came up and someone didn't send me a card, I figure there's a reason for that. No hard feelings.)

Round two went much better. I got every single one of my cards mailed out within two days of the time I was supposed to. And it sure felt good to know that I was providing consistent encouragement!

Round three starts in just a few short weeks. Won't you consider joining us? I can tell you for a fact that I will not get all of my cards mailed out on time. With a move partway through and a baby due at the end, I have no delusions about my organization. But I know I will get the encouragement that I need when I receive cards, and I know I will receive the grace that I need when I send them (however late).


No comments:

Post a Comment