raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Thursday, August 22, 2013

let's catch up

Today's blessing:
Being prepared!

There's lots going on in my life right now, so why not reflect that in the blog?

My first announcement:
I am excited to announce that I am now a Nicki's Diapers affiliate! You may know that we use cloth diapers on P; maybe you even read one of my posts on the subject. (Or maybe you want to! Here's the most recent one!) Well, now I can earn a little bit of money for my referrals. With potty training right around the corner (is that wishful thinking? Maybe...), I'm so excited to try the Best Bottoms training pants! You can click on the banner below to browse the site and place your order, or, if you come back later, you can always click the banner on the right side of my page!



Number two:
I'm sure you're all dying to know who won my giveaway. Well, the lucky winner is none other than my lovely first college roommate! Even though she ditched me after just one semester, we've kept in touch. Her daughter is just a few months younger than P, and she's almost as cute, too
Pretty cute, right?

I was also beyond thrilled to see an entry or two from people I don't know! How cool!

Number three:
I also recently signed up to be a Compassion blogger. I'll be honest; I don't know exactly what this entails, but I know Compassion International is a wonderful organization. I've had a child adopted through their organization for seven years now. While I've never met "my" child, I have had the opportunity to see first hand what they do through my travels to Tanzania. There's another banner on the right side of my page with a link to more information about Compassion International. If you do decide to adopt a child through the program, I'd love it if you'd use my link. The more referrals I get, the more benefits my adopted child, Jose from Mexico, will receive. I'll also be posting periodically on assignments that will be sent to me, so look out for those! If you have questions about what it's like to be a sponsor or want to know more about my experience, feel free to contact me!

Number four:
We're moving! We pick up the truck tomorrow evening and load it all through the weekend. If you're in the area, you're welcome (and encouraged!) to come help us out. You will be fed! This also means that we will have a couple long and probably exhausting days - loading Saturday and Sunday, driving to our new home Monday, unpacking Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...etc. Long story short, it may be quiet around here for awhile!

Also, if you have any tips on moving/unpacking/organizing a new home or keeping a large home clean and organized, I would be eternally grateful if you would leave a comment! And visitors are always welcome!

Number five:
P had her 18 month check up today, and, no surprise here, she is perfect. And she's tall! 82nd percentile for her age! Looking at mommy and daddy, it's only a matter of time before everyone else catches up.

That's all I've got for now. I think I'm missing something, but that's been a constant state for me for the last few weeks, so I'm getting used to it!

1 comment:

  1. I know how nice it is to order from Nicki's diapers. Quick and easy. Good stuff. I also think I need to check in to Compassion!

    ReplyDelete