raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Saturday, December 15, 2012

random holiday musings

Blessing of the day:
P is currently taking a morning nap...this is a very rare occurance!

I have no idea where this post is going to go - P went down for a surprise morning nap, and, rather than clean the microwave or fold laundry or work on making Christmas presents or come up with an idea for dinner or sweep the floor, I've decided to sit at my computer (acutally, it's my husband's computer) and write an entry.

I absolutely love the holiday season. There is something magical about that time from September (what holiday is in September, you ask? My birthday, of course!) through New Year's. I could do without Halloween, but fall is glorious with its colors and cooler weather and pumpkin flavor. I don't acutally love the pumpkin flavor, but I will still drink a pumpkin mocha or latte whenever I get the chance. I think it's more what the pumpkin symbolizes that I love.

Then the snow comes. There are few things, in my mind, that are more amazing than snow. I even had to drive in it last weekend, and it was still a gift from God. Everything is so pretty when it's coated in a layer of white. It makes me want to make a big mug of hot chocolate, drop in a candy cane, and make Puppy Chow. Some people want to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie or read a book...I want to bake. This sure won't help me lose the last couple pounds of baby weight, but I sure do love it!

Now that I've gotten a little bit of this out of my system, I suppose I should spend some time being productive. I probably won't get much more down time this morning, and, if there's one thing I've learned since having a baby, it's that you need to take advantage of every opportunity you have, whether it's to play with her, to nap while she naps, or to clean while she naps!

Here's to a happy and productive Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment