raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Monday, February 23, 2015

our little girl: three years

Wait. What? That must be a typo...

I don't even know what to say about our little kid. She amazes me daily with her kind and generous heart. Her vocabulary is ridiculous and still growing daily. And oh boy, can this little one throw a tantrum when she wants to.

P is amazing at sharing - not just for a toddler, but as a human being in general. She insists on sharing a bite of her dessert with Daddy and I whenever we have something special. There I am, hoarding my cupcake all to myself, and this little three year old is holding out her fork with a saliva soaked, sprinkle laden bite of cupcake, and she will not allow me to turn it down. It's humbling.

And so polite! (Most of the time.) She woke up sick one night and apologized for throwing up on her bed.

Until she decides not to be. We were playing one of those games at church the other day where I rolled something down the ramp, made a silly noise, and then chased her or something like that. You know, a three year old game. After about four times of doing the exact same thing, she decided she was done with me, ran to the end of the hall, and proceeded to lay on the floor, screaming and crying, until Auntie came to the rescue. Someone asked what was wrong, and all I could do was shrug and say "She's three."

As I was putting together my blogs this month, I realized that I've really been slacking on the picture taking front lately. That makes me sad. New Week Resolution: take more pictures!

Helping Mommy make biscuits for supper

Don't feel too bad for Daddy - he brought this on himself when he put the antlers on his head and said "Look, I'm Sven!"

We have a friend who works at Nadia Cupcakes, and she brought us some treats on her way home one day. So many sprinkles. And of course, she insisted on sharing.

"Look Mommy, I found a fun book."

I was putting together the tool bench she got for Christmas, and she got very upset when I tried to throw away the little plastic scraps in between the actual toys. Apparently they were her Allen wrenches.

Now that's a three-year-old birthday smile if I ever saw one!

1 comment: