raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Monday, January 12, 2015

thoughts on judgement

Today's blessing:
Not being the one to judge humanity at the end of time

That's a big job, and I wouldn't want it!

But not just at the end of time - I don't want to be the judge ever. There's too much pressure.

My Jesus said "love your neighbor" not "look with scorn upon those you think are wrong."
He said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" not "throw rocks at people with whom you disagree."

We all live in sin. We try our best, but we still lie or cheat or covet or gossip or think bad thoughts. Every one of us. You are not an exception, and neither am I.

So how about this: I won't judge you for your sins and you don't judge me for mine. And while we're at it, let's not judge that homeless guy on the corner or the woman paying for her groceries with an EBT card or that pregnant woman who doesn't look like she could be more than 17 years old or even (dare I say it?) those two men who are holding hands. If we all did a little less judging and a little more helping, what would this world look like?

Why don't we try it and see?



I hope my kids are raising a mommy who teaches not just tolerance or acceptance, but love.

1 comment: