raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

my lenten fast

Today's blessing:
New perspectives

For Lent this year, I will be fasting from anxiety, anger, and resentment.

How's that for a challenge? This is all a part of my attempt to choose contentment, and I would like to thank PK for the inspiration for this one.

Growing up, Lent was all about self-denial for me. I gave up chocolate or candy or meat (my mom was thrilled about that one). Yes, it was a good exercise in discipline and learning how to do without something I enjoyed, but what was the long term benefit for myself or those around me? I'm sure I could come up with something if I really dig at it, but why?

This year, I will be fasting from anxiety, anger, and resentment.

I will choose contentment, and, hopefully, it will rub off on those around me.

What are you doing for Lent? If you don't celebrate Lent (yes, it is a celebration) then how do you challenge yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment