raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

thankful: day two

So I may have missed a few days, but that's okay. To be honest, I'm really not in the mood right now to reflect on things I'm thankful for. I'm pretty crabby. We've been fighting a potty training battle with Big Sister P for the last few days, the Baby has been extremely demanding this morning, my allergies are acting up, I can never seem to have a counter free of dirty dishes, and I just want to run. Seriously, I think if I could just lace up my running shoes and have 20 minutes on the trails, I would be in an exponentially better mood.

But this is where I am in my life right now. I am grateful for the amazing family and friends who have surrounded me. I am grateful for the fact that the Baby only woke me up twice last night. (Sort of. That's twice between midnight at 7 am, but I'll take it.)

But you know what I'm most grateful for right at this moment? The fact that I have been able to nurse my children. Not all women have the desire or ability to do this, but I have been blessed with both. It has not always been easy. There were times with Big Sister that I woke up every two hours at night to pump just so I would have enough to send with her to day care the next day. When the Baby was brand new and nursing every hour...well, you can imagine how that felt!

However, I have been blessed with abundance. In fact, I am excited to be well on my way to making my first donation to Mother's Milk Cooperative to help babies who wouldn't otherwise be able to reap the benefits of a mother's milk. Not only have I nourished my own sweet Baby, but I've got a store of about 50 ounces taking over my freezer - only 450 to go before I can send in my first donation!

Well, friends, I now have coffee in my system, my Zyrtec is kicking in, the Baby is napping relatively peacefully, and Big Sister is babbling in her bedroom. Hubby should be home in about 20 minutes, and then, as soon as the Baby is fed, I'm free to head outside for a nice relaxing walk. With maybe a few intervals of jogging thrown in, just for sanity's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment