raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Friday, June 6, 2014

a place for everything: may

Today's blessing:
Sales.

I cheated a little bit in May. I spent my $25 home budget, but I added a little bit from the "discretionary" budget to get me up to $30. I've been wanting one of these for P's toys for awhile now, and they happened to by 50% off at ShopKo a few weeks ago. What else could I do? So here you have it:



Nothing fancy or clever this month, just pulled straight out of the storage section. We have a couple great bins that we've been using for toys, but the problem is that you can't see what's at the bottom when all of her toys are put away. (Granted, this doesn't happen often, but even when only some are put away, things get buried.) My first choice solution would be to get rid of a bunch of toys. However, overly generous, well-intentioned family members and friends make this difficult! We have started to institute the one in, one out rule, and she hasn't even noticed when something is missing. Good sign.

This project was so simple that even P could help with it. In fact, she insisted. I had to break out a second screwdriver because she got so upset when I tried to take "hers" away to do some actual work!

Mommy's little helper

Gathering all the pieces. The box with the blue lid her her tool box. In spite of this, she refused to relinquish my screwdriver.

Assembling the boxes

Wearing the boxes - they're multipurpose!
I haven't noticed too much difference in the level of chaos that can be found surrounding her toys, but I haven't really done much to get it organized, either. Maybe next week.

Did you miss April? No worries, it's right here!
How about March? It's all good; click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment