raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

yum: the easiest chicken ever

Today's blessing:
My slow cooker

Have I used that one before? I'm extremely grateful for it, so it would be appropriate to consider it more than one day's blessing!

This is seriously the easiest thing you could possibly do with chicken. It's not great for a meal on it's own, but it is about the best basic recipe you could ask for. Here's what you do:

1. Gather your ingredients: Crock pot, chicken, and water. That's it. I'm serious.


2. Place the second and third ingredients inside the first. You'll want enough water to nearly cover the chicken, but it doesn't have to cover it completely.


3. Cook on low until it's done - maybe five or six hours, depending on how much chicken you have.

It doesn't look very appetizing when it's done.
That's it. Take it out, shred it, and put it in chicken pot pie, chicken noodle soup, a salad, enchiladas, wraps, sandwiches, etc. I'm sure you could get more creative and add seasonings while you cook it or even make a broth out of the water, but I haven't gotten that fancy.

So easy, and so convenient to have a couple containers of this, already cooked, in the freezer ready to go whenever I need a few cups of shredded chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment