raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

i'm not superstitious, but...

Today's blessing:
Kind people who steal muffins and bagels from their continental breakfast to feed you because your hotel makes you pay for breakfast. And decent hotel coffee. And kind people who let you use their laptops.

I'm not superstitious. Yes, maybe I wore the same underwear and sports bra for every race I've run since college, done my hair the same way, and even used the same maroon hair ties. That does not make me superstitious.

You know those commercials (I think they're for beer, but I'm not really sure) that show the football fans doing all kinds of weird things: rubbing a belly or bald head or turning their beer cans a certain direction? Their tag line is "It's only weird if it doesn't work." That's my kind of superstition. Wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry? What does it hurt to always put your left sock on first?

I have a problem. My total blog page views currently contain the numbers "666." I don't think winged demons are going to swoop down from the sky (or I suppose crawl up through the earth) and take me to their underworld of darkness and bad stuff. I really don't.

But on the off chance that that might have happened, aren't you glad you read this and helped me out?

No comments:

Post a Comment