raising a mommy

raising a mommy

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

thankful day twelve

Today's blessing:
Herbal tea.

So there's a tea store in the mall in my town, and boy is it dangerous. They always have tons of samples, and you can't expect me not to try free samples of tea, can you? It's just so wonderful...
Some people might call me a health nut, but I'm really not. For a snack before bed tonight I had a piece of homemade chocolate chip raspberry bread. (Jealous? You should be...remember, I do have the best husband ever.) I'm all about desserts and splurging when appropriate. I'm not a fan of the unnecessay sugar and salt that comes in pretty much everything. Like juice. I understand that you can get juice that is 100% juice with no sugar added, but there is still a ton of sugar in it! I never really realized that until I began shopping for P and started reading labels. Is it really necessary to add salt to frozen veggies? And why can't canned mandarin oranges be canned in water or their own juice rather than syrup?

Now, tea...there is potentially my new superfood. If you get the caffeine free kind (which I realize isn't actually tea, but that's another can of worms) then what's wrong with brewing some for a kid? I tried a delicious blueberry tea that any kid would be lucky to have in their sippy cup!

Then I got to thinking...if I won't feed something to my baby, why am I allowing myself to eat it? 

One thing I'm learning...this baby is raising a mommy who is much more aware of what she allows her family to put into their bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment